OT: internic.net

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Jan 8 15:29:01 UTC 2002

In article <a1ekat$f1k at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Terrence Koeman <root at mediamonks.net> wrote:

>Seems to be offline for a time already...
>
>Anyone know why? I used to lookup nameservers there.

Seems to be working for me:

% whois -h whois.internic.net genuity.net

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

   Domain Name: GENUITY.NET
   Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
   Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
   Name Server: DNSAUTH1.SYS.GTEI.NET
   Name Server: DNSAUTH2.SYS.GTEI.NET
   Name Server: DNSAUTH3.SYS.GTEI.NET
   Updated Date: 05-nov-2001

>>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 05:16:00 EST <<<

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .ORG, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA