update my domaine from any where

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Jan 8 17:25:56 UTC 2002

In article <a1f4u2$j8p at pub3.rc.vix.com>, hatim  <hatnet at free.fr> wrote:

>Le Mardi  8 Janvier 2002 15:27, Barry Margolin a écrit :
>> In article <a1ejl2$eru at pub3.rc.vix.com>, hatim  <hatnet at free.fr> wrote:
>> >i m looking for a client under windows and under linux and a script under
>> > my server to do that
>>
>> Nsupdate should work under any flavor of Unix, including Linux.  I don't
>> know offhand if there's a client for Windows.
>>
>> You don't need a script on the server.  Aren't you planning to use the
>> DNS Dynamic Update mechanism, which is directly supported by BIND?
>
>yes , but how ?

You configure the "allow-update" option in named.conf, and they use the
"nsupdate" command to send dynamic updates.

This is all explained in the section on Dynamic Updates in the DNS & BIND
book.

Why do you want to do this on your server?  Why don't you tell your friends
to use one of the existing dynamic DNS services, like dyndns.org?  If you
want to be able to access them using a name in your domain, you can make it
an alias for their dyndns.org name?

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA