QIP?

England, Robert (Robert) england at northamerica.exchange.agere.com
Tue Jan 8 21:19:51 UTC 2002

QIP is BIND with a twist. It is the ISC version of bind with modification to
the code to allow it to work with the ISC version of DHCP (with a twist)
module that QIP ships with. It also allows for the QIP GUI to administer the
DNS and DHCP servers. When you make a change within the QIP GUI it
automatically does a dynamic update to the DNS servers with the updated IP
info (real time)

QIP uses all of the BIND directives.

We use QIP within our environment, but we us BIND 9.1.2 for our external
DNS. I created a separate Organization within QIP to manage the external DNS
info. I then use QIP to generate all of the configuration and zone files for
the external DNS server.  It requires me to FTP them to our DNS server once
the files are created but it work without a hitch.

-Bob