QIP?

Benzi Mizrahi vsbenzi at weizmann.ac.il
Wed Jan 9 04:55:18 UTC 2002

On 8 Jan 2002, Ed Franks wrote:

> Our DNS was moved from BIND to a product referred to as "QIP".
> A websearch yields Lucent's VitalQIP as a DNS, DHCP, etc. and
> much hyperbole from the vendor.
>
> What is the opinion of the sages in this ng of this product?How
> does it compare withBIND?

Hi,

 we're using QIP (now VitalQIP) for several years now.
 We wanted it mainly for its data repository i.e. Oracle DB
 its DHCP service and the GUI which made our operators happy.
 We use QIP BIND mainly as hidden primary master with 3 ISC bind 9.2.0
 slaves.

 BTW, you can use ISC bind 9.2.0 with QIP instead of QIP bind, I've
 tried it.

> thanks,
>
> ed

Benzi Mizrahi,                             Tel: 972-8-9342456
computing center,                          Fax: 972-8-9344102
Weizmann Institute of Science,             /////////////////\
Rehovot, Israel.                           \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/