Slave Refresh Rates

Chimento, Douglas Douglas.Chimento at FMR.COM
Thu Jan 10 17:04:38 UTC 2002

Right,
 However, from my understanding , the slave server will check x minutes  to
see if the data is up to date. Where x = SOA refresh time
I want the slave to ignore the refresh. Is there a way to do that ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Margolin [mailto:barmar at genuity.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 11:49 AM
To: comp-protocols-dns-bind at moderators.isc.org
Subject: Re: Slave Refresh Rates

In article <a1kafu$i81 at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Chimento, Douglas <Douglas.Chimento at FMR.COM> wrote:
>	Is there a way to have a slave server ignore or disregrad the
>refresh value from the master server.
>	The idea is for the Slave server update manually  , i.e. when we
>restart named.

rndc reload <domain>

on the slave will force it to refresh the domain immediately.

Also, if the master and slave servers implement the NOTIFY protocol (BIND 8
and higher, and Microsoft DNS, all do), the slave will update automatically
shortly after the zone is updated on the master.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA
Please DON'T copy followups to me -- I'll assume it wasn't posted to the
group.