How many zones running BIND ??

Nate Campi nate at wired.com
Thu Jan 10 18:38:24 UTC 2002

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 07:31:01PM +0100, Johnny Damtoft wrote:

> Well, im running a set of servers with 6500 zones, and its going great :o)

How long does it take your nameserver to start?

I often wonder why BIND 9 doesn't allow a compiled binary db to be
loaded from disk, instead of being compiled and loaded (only) into
memory at each startup. Seems like a rewrite would be the time to get
this right. I won't mention how some rival DNS implementations do it ;)
--
Nate Campi | Terra Lycos DNS | WiReD UNIX Operations

"Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers."  -Leonard Brandwein