Subdomains -> Script

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Jan 11 19:48:03 UTC 2002

In article <a1n33o$4ut at pub3.rc.vix.com>, Julian Habigt <jh at iroon.de> wrote:

>Is it possible to link xyz.domain.com to
>http://www.domain.com/index.php?domain=xyz , so that
>all Subdomains are forwarded to the PHP Sript?
>How do I have to change the DNS entry of my domain?
>Julian Habigt

In DNS, make xyz.domain.com an alias for www.domain.com.

The part about changing the URL to point to the script would have to be
done in the web server configuration, it's not a DNS function.  I'm not a
web server administrator, but I've heard of something in Apache called
"mod_rewrite" and I suspect this can do what you want.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA