1 Basic Fundamental question on Bind 8.2.5

Rakesh Shah srakesh28 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 11 21:41:25 UTC 2002

Friends,
I just want to clarify my understanding on Zone Transfer's ,

Either the Master DNS server can push the zone data or Secondary DNS can
pull from the master correct ?

Can the Secondary server transfer the zone file to another secondary server
for the given zone ?

I have 1 subdomain corp.rfc.com (it's all Internal) that is the Primary
master and 2 secondary server's--> and 3rd  DNS server it just the secondary
for rfc.com so will the zone files of corp.rfc.com be transfered from one of
the secondary server to this 3rd DNS server or it will only have the
Reference to the NS record of corp.rfc.com.

Thank you in Advance.

Sorry if this explanation is confusing.

Rakesh Shah