Delagating a domian

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Jan 16 22:30:21 UTC 2002

Are there *other* names in the domain besides "www" over which you want to
retain control? If not, then just change the company.com delegation to point
to their servers and wash your hands of it. If you want to keep some control,
you could certainly delegate www.company.com, but what about the A record for
company.com? Most outfits these days seem to want http://www.company.com and
http://company.com to function identically. It might be a management
nightmare to have to keep the www.company.com and company.com A records in
synch with each other. One thing to consider is to have them host
company.com, stuff all of the names you still want to maintain in a separate
subzone, e.g. hosted.company.com, and have them delegate that subzone back to
you.

- Kevin