Error message named[7052]: can't fdopen tmpfile (sec/db.135.15.p2 aGXn)

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Wed Jan 23 23:32:22 UTC 2002

    Robert> Can someone give me some insight into the following error
    Robert> message "named[7052]: can't fdopen tmpfile
    Robert> (sec/db.135.15.p2aGXn)" ?  I looked at the BIND archives,
    Robert> for this issue and it states a file permissions issue. I
    Robert> do not buy that.

Well if you choose to believe that, you're implying that the list
archives and therefore by implication the list readership is wrong. So
then what's the point of asking on this list if in your eyes it's a
source of false information?

Check your local documentation for fdopen() and see if any of the
other failure conditions might hold. It's possible but unlikely that
something has run out of file descriptors or something like that. Even
so, the most probably explanation for fdopen() to fail on a zone
transfer is a file system access permissions problem, just like the
list archives said.