RFC 2317 question

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Jan 30 22:28:41 UTC 2002

Neither ns.jfax.com or ns2.jfax.com appear to have any knowledge of the
144-28.81.213.209.in-addr.arpa zone.

Perhaps there was a miscommunication over what the name of the zone would be?

- Kevin

P.S. This is yet another reason why I advocate, departing from RFC 2317
somewhat, putting the PTR records in "forward" zones. There is generally far
less zone-naming confusion over those.