Win2k DNS Automated Test Query Failure

Cricket Liu cricket at menandmice.com
Sun Jul 7 17:09:29 UTC 2002

> I'm trying to configure my first win2k DNS box.  Everything is working
fine
> as far as i am aware.  If i secify in TCP/IP to use the localhost as the
DNS
> server i can browse the Net Ok.  However, when i look in the monitoring
tab
> of the servers properties, i get failed test queries.  The messages i get
> are:
>
> Simple Query - Failed on name resolution
> Recursive Query - Failed on name resolution
>
> Any ideas??

This would be a more appropriate question for a newsgroup that discusses
the Microsoft DNS Server, such as microsoft.public.win2000.dns.  This
newsgroup and mailing list discuss the BIND name server.

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software, Training and Consulting
www.menandmice.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
http://www.menandmice.com/DNS-training/
for the schedule and to register for upcoming classes