Custom logging for denied updates and noanswer responses

Doug Barton DougB at DougBarton.net
Mon Jul 8 01:55:52 UTC 2002

Howdy,

	A while back I posted some musical questions... namely how to get
rid of the "denied update from" messages in my logs, and also how to log
when my authoritative servers hand out noanswer/nxdomain responses to
queries. Well, I've managed to solve those problems for myself, and now I
want to share that with y'all. You can find the patch at
http://dougbarton.net/bind-users/bind8-custom-logging.diff  Both things
are in the same patch, but it's easy enough to seperate them if you just
want one or the other. Turns out it was actually fairly easy to do this,
after I put some time into understanding how the existing code works.

	Feel free to use, lose, or abuse this code any way you wish, but
if you do use it, it's all at your own risk.

Enjoy,

Doug
--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?