I need some serious help .-/ AIX

Todd, Douglas M. DTODD at PARTNERS.ORG
Tue Jul 9 20:44:06 UTC 2002

 It is possible that your PTR records are not right.

nslookup <CR>
set type=ptr <CR>
10.1.1.1 <CR>

Make sure that the reverse record matches the FF record.

==DMT>

-----Original Message-----
From: Carsten Skov
To: comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org
Sent: 7/9/02 6:31 AM
Subject: I need some serious help .-/ AIX

Hello,
I have had a really annoying problem for quite a while now. We have alot
of
AIX and SUN boxes. These are all put into an internal DNS server running
BIND 9.2.
I can do nslookup / dig on both the hostnames and the ip addresses and
get
fine replies. On the AIX hosts however, eventhough I can ping the hosts,
and
do nslookup, then when I try to do :
rlogin host
It's stuck ? If I write the whole domain name it logs in right away.

The resolv.conf is set up with the nameserver and search <domain>
entries.
On AIX the irs.conf and netsvc.conf is set up to use hosts first and
then
bind.

Do you have ny ideas? All help is really really appreciated.

Best regards
Carsten Skov