BIND - sorting of reverse domain.

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Jul 10 02:19:43 UTC 2002

> >If you want to send a patch to ISC, send a patch. Or subscribe yourself to
> >bind9-workers. bind-users is for *users* of BIND, and this discussion is off
> -topic
> >here. I intend this to be my last message in the thread.
>
> Of course, with the idiots here, I would expect no less than the above respon
> se
> - to subscribe to some sort of mailing list (which I assume that it is in
> absence of other statements) without telling me where the list is homed.
>
> Also, you are under the opinion that I am posting this to a list called
> "bind-users"?  Again, another wrong assertion, as I am posting this to a USEN
> ET
> newsgroup titled "comp.protocols.dns.bind".  My ISP's newsserver does not car
> ry
> any other bind-specific newsgroups.  If my posts are being echoed into a mail
> ing
> list, I have no knowledge of such, nor did I "design" my posts to accomodate
> such.  Again, another false assumption and/or statement by you.

	Netiquette says that you should read the charter of a
	newsgroup before you post to it.  If you had done that you
	would have seen that it was a gatewayed to bind-users at isc.org.

	If you had read the documentation that comes with BIND 9
	you would have seen that there were a number of mailing
	lists all hosted at isc.org.  Yes the documentation has to
	be updated for the merge of bind-workers and bind9-workers but
	it is correct on the web pages.

	If you wanted to you could have just entered "bind-workers"
	into you favorite search engine.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org