Primary Nameserver change

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Thu Jul 11 22:13:32 UTC 2002

> Hello,
>
> We have a Primary Nameserver serving a couple of domains.
> And we're hosting domains from different TLDs, like .com, .net, .at, .de,
> .co.uk, etc.
>

> Since we are switching the ISP, the IP address of the NS will be changed, so
> right now I have 2 nameservers running, one on the old IP and one on the
> new IP.
>
> I have change the registration of the NS in www.netsol.com, I have informed
> the secondary nameserver to take updates from the new IP address.

	What's are the names of your nameserver?  We can't automatically
	assume that updating the address with network solutions is the
	only place it needs to be updated.  Depending upon the names
	you may need to inform other registries.

> So the question is: is there something else I have to do so that I can stop
> the old nameserver on the old IP address? And that nobody be trying to
> connect to the it?

	Make the old master a slave of the new master. Turn on query
	logging in the old master and see if it is still receiving
	queries.

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org