Slow IXFR...

Robert Messinger lists at mail.tiggee.com
Wed Jul 3 12:31:41 UTC 2002

How could I endure that NOTIFY is working?

I thought I only needed the "also-notify" if the
slave servers were stealth and by default the notify
was set to yes.

Plus I have a NS record for the second nameserver.

On the master I have this.
options {
        version "The best version... What do you expect.";
        directory "/var/named";
        pid-file "/var/named/named.pid";
        // Server will attempt to do all work required to answer query.
        recursion yes;
        allow-recursion { "internal"; };
        // Maximum number of simultaneous recursive lookups the server will perform [100]
        recursive-clients 100;
        allow-query { any; };
        allow-transfer { "secdns"; };
        // These people are banned from everything
        blackhole { none; };
        provide-ixfr yes;
        // The default is 100. Maximum number of simultaneous client TCP connections
        tcp-clients 100;
        // How fast server removes expired RR. default is 60
        cleaning-interval 60;
};

On the slave I have this.
options {
        version "The best version... What do you expect.";
        directory "/var/named";
        pid-file "/var/named/named.pid";
        // Server will attempt to do all work required to answer query.
        recursion yes;
        allow-recursion { "internal"; };
        // Maximum number of simultaneous recursive lookups the server will perform [100]
        recursive-clients 100;
        allow-query { any; };
        request-ixfr yes;
        // These people are banned from everything
        blackhole { none; };
        // The default is 100. Maximum number of simultaneous client TCP connections
        tcp-clients 100;
        // How fast server removes expired RR. default is 60
        cleaning-interval 60;
//        listen-on port 53 { 192.168.1.12; };
};