BIND - sorting of reverse domain.

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Mon Jul 15 00:36:12 UTC 2002

At 11:05 PM 7/12/02, D. Stussy wrote:
> >Yes, the traversal order you propose will have a detrimental effect to
> >retrieving
> >the records for DNSSEC.  There are no known benefits to doing what you
> >propose.
>
>I don't think you've thought about this carefully.

You mean you haven't. I repeat there are no KNOWN benefits.  Denial
doesn't make it otherwise.

>The traversal order for writing out the data to a file, and the traversal
>order
>for searching the tree to answer queries NEED NOT BE THE SAME.  Nowhere did I
>say that they should and in fact, they may not be.

So now you want to add code to sort in a different way when writing to a file
for no known benefit. You still haven't explained the benefit of what you want
to do.  You need a cost-benefit analysis to justify this.

Danny