TSIG inconsistency

Stephens, Bill {PBSG} Bill.Stephens at pbsg.com
Mon Jul 15 15:55:21 UTC 2002

I have a handful of zones I'm having trouble transferring from my primary to
secondary.  About 80%-90% of the zones transfer fine between the same pair
of servers.  The remaining zones give me the following error when attempting
to transfer:
Jul 15 10:30:00.332 xfer-in: error: transfer of 'XXXXXXX.pvt/IN' from
156.81.229.50#53: failed while receiving responses: expected a TSIG or
SIG(0)

The clocks are in sync, and as I said most zones transfer fine between the
two hosts.  It's just a handful that don't.  I tried turning on debug to
level 3, but it just spit back the same info, expected TSIG.  No other
reason. The primary is bind 8.3.1.  I get the same error if the slave is
8.3.1 or 9.2.1.

What could cause some zones to fail and others to succeed?

Bill Stephens
PepsiCo Business Solutions Group
Bill.Stephens at pbsg.com
972.376.7155      fax: 972.376.6019