Everybody Resolves this Domain but Us.

Chris Davis chris.davis at computerjobs.com
Sun Jul 21 01:04:21 UTC 2002

I can see your point about the diffusion of responsibility for a zone.

Back to the zone not loading, then.  That leaves it with the administrator
of the broken zone.

Or would a zone load but with a big ugly log entry be so bad?

We know people are doing this.  There's always someone new coming along to
do it after the current administrator fixes his problem.  Why not keep save
the hassle via a sanity check at startup?

And for old timers who prefer not to have their sanity checked (for whatever
reasons) Bind could certainly toss in a configuration option to override of
the checking behavior.