Web name resolves to wrong IP address.

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Sun Jul 28 00:19:10 UTC 2002

> Jesus Ramos wrote:
> >
> > Problem:
> > My website www.tsagate.com at 216.37.169.28 (new address) is resolving
> > to our old ISP address (38.150.33.28) by most name resolvers.
>
> stale glue
>
> $ dig @a.gtld-servers.net www.tsagate.com +short
> 38.150.33.28
>
> whois is not DNS - go back to Network Solutions, till the above
> query fails or returns the correct address. (Depending if
> www.tsagate.com is still used as a nameserver)

	While whois is not the DNS it does show the bad data if you ask it the
	right questions.  It also helps to say what to do at Network Solutions.

	Jesus,
		You need to update / delete the host record.  Which depend upon
	whether www.tsagate.com is still needs to be listed as a nameserver or
	not in COM, NET or ORG.  i.e. is it serving a zone immediately under
	these zones.

	Mark

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

   Server Name: WWW.TSAGATE.COM
   IP Address: 38.150.33.28
   Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
   Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com

>>> Last update of whois database: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 16:40:38 EDT <<<

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .ORG, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

The Data in the VeriSign Registrar WHOIS database is provided by VeriSign for
information purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information about
or related to a domain name registration record.  VeriSign does not guarantee
its accuracy.  Additionally, the data may not reflect updates to billing contact
information.  By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree to use this Data only
for lawful purposes and that under no circumstances will you use this Data to:
(1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited,
commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail, telephone, or facsimile; or
(2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply to VeriSign
(or its computer systems).  The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or
other use of this Data is expressly prohibited without the prior written
consent of VeriSign.  VeriSign reserves the right to terminate your access to
the VeriSign Registrar WHOIS database in its sole discretion, including
without limitation, for excessive querying of the WHOIS database or for failure
to otherwise abide by this policy.  VeriSign reserves the right to modify these
terms at any time.  By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

Welcome to the VeriSign WHOIS Server.
There is no match for this domain name.
This domain is available for purchase!
Go to www.netsol.com to register it today!