TSIG/IP Transactions

Mark Damrose mdamrose at elgin.cc.il.us
Mon Jun 3 14:37:15 UTC 2002

<rwatson at OFDA.NET> wrote in message news:ad8957$cld9$1 at isrv4.isc.org...
> So, what is the carot for using TSIG signed transactions if only to make
the
> zone marginally more secure?

Kevin did not say that TSIG is marginally more secure.  He said that using a
combination of TSIG and non-TSIG is marginally more secure.

In much the same way, if you have 2 doors - locking one of them is
marginally more secure than not locking any at all.  Some thief might try
the locked one and go away.  Others will try the unlocked door.