domain0.com CNAME another.domain1.com

dbotham at edeltacom.com dbotham at edeltacom.com
Mon Jun 17 13:25:38 UTC 2002

William,

If your record:

domain1.com. IN   CNAME lm-c.dnsalias.com.

is in the zone file for "domain1.com", then this record violates the CN=
AME
and Other Data problem.  That is, because there is an SOA record in the=

zone for domain1.com, there cannot be a CNAME record in the zone for
domain1.com.  Whatever is on the left of a CNAME record cannot be on th=
left of any other record in the zone...

Thanks,

Dave...

|         |           "centron GmbH -  |
|         |           W. Seucan"       |
|         |           <ws at centron.de>  |
|         |           bind-users-bounce|
|         |           @isc.org         |
|         |           06/17/2002 09:01 |
|         |           ws               |
----------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                    =
                                                          |
  |       To:       bind-users at isc.org                                 =
                                                          |
  |       cc:                                                          =
                                                          |
  |       Subject:  domain0.com CNAME another.domain1.com              =
                                                          |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------=
----------------------------------------------------------|

Hello List.

Maybe you can help me.

I=B4ve to set up a DNS Record for a customer which is using a changing
IP. So the Nameserver of the company always resolves the domain to
the customers changing IP Adress.

I=B4ve set it up with www.domain.com oder mai.domain.com without a
problem and its working with this entry

*            IN          CNAME lm-c.dnsalias.com

Now i want to resolve the Domain without a Second Level Domain to
this dynamic DNS Server.
e.g.

domain1.com.                         IN                      CNAME
 lm-c.dnsalias.com.

is not working.

Can you help?

Thanks,