rndc reload on 9.2.1

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Mon Jun 17 23:44:37 UTC 2002

> > Well did you look at the logs from the slave?
> > Do you need to set notify-source?
> > Is the slave listed in the NS RRset for the zone?
> > Can your server find the A/AAAA/A6 records for the slave based on
> > the name in the NS RRset (no CNAMES)?
> >

> Thanks again for the info - it was the fact that I was using CNAMES in the
> NS RR.  Is this an illegal config or is it not good practice?  BIND did not
> seem to complain if it was an illegal config.

	Named will only detect this at run time, not when loading.  Named
	will not follow CNAMEs to find the addresses of namesevers.

> The glue records for my zones still points to the CNAMES, but now my SOA and
> NS RRs use the canonical name.  Will this present any problems, everything
> still seems to work?
>
> Cheers,
> Kwang

	Any domain name on the RHS of a record SHOULD NOT refer to a CNAME.
	CNAME -> CNAME however have to work which is why the above is a
	SHOULD not a MUST.

	Glue records MUST NOT be CNAMEs.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org