Why ? denied update from [61.142.41.96].2697 for "proulx.com" IN

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 23 10:03:59 UTC 2002

Bob Proulx wrote:

> Why is the remote unknown host trying to update
> my zone?

Could be malicious, or they could be a network of W2K machines
which have used your domain name by accident. With two adjacent
class C networks I'd bet on incompetence first before
conspiracy.

Whois claims ipadm at gddc.com.cn is the person to ask who these
addresses belong to.

Another approach if you don't use Dynamic DNS on the Internet
side would be to change your SOA record so the primary name
server reported to them maps to a different address (not
joseki). Which will save you the bandwidth, not that I'm adverse
to stopping inappropriate traffic at the firewall as well.

Your surname doesn't mean something in Chinese does it?