BIND 9.2.1 for NT stop recurse

Stanley Liu stanley.liu at toyota.com.au
Thu Jun 27 06:03:39 UTC 2002

BIND 9.2.1 for NT running on NT4.0 on Internal network:

I recently uninstalled and re-installed BIND 9.2.1 because of suspected mixed binaries.  All the dll's now have similar date-time (23/April/02 15:4x).  I have run this version for two days and it regularly (3 times so far) stopped resolving queries (including local zones) without leaving any error in the log.  Dig returns "Connection timed out" whereas Statistics Dump reports a lot of failures.  Any suggestion please?

Stanley Liu
stanley.liu at toyota.com.au

dig in a www.cnn.com.     @150.45.153.38

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> in a www.cnn.com. @150.45.153.38
; (1 server found)
;; res_nsend to server 150.45.153.38: Connection timed out

+++ Statistics Dump +++ (1025156411)
success 4314
referral 0
nxrrset 64