Does bind8.2.3 enough?

Brian Salomaki brian-lists-bind at gambitdesign.com
Mon Mar 4 03:01:00 UTC 2002

If you really want an RPM of it, you can download the latest source code and
./configure it.  Then, instead of running 'make', you can use the
'checkinstall' program to monitor the install and create an .rpm file which
you can use to uninstall using 'rpm -e', and also copy to other boxes and
install as an rpm.  I'm not aware of any recent BIND builds as rpms for 6.2,
but somebody may have made some already that are available on the internet.
When running 'configure', you may also have to specify the install path to
match what was already installed by the rpm, or just uninstall the old rpm
first.

Checkinstall homepage:

http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/

--