Configuring Bind 9.1.3

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 00:03:35 UTC 2002

Henrik Pedersen wrote:

> Anyone out there where i can find a good tutorial on configuring subj. on RH
> 7.2 server.

Use 9.2.0 if you can, I uninstall the rpm's and just install
completely from source into /usr/local/bin (The defaults for the
source tar ball 'configure' on Linux) if no RPM's are around for
the version I want.

> I just can't seem to locate the errors

man named-checkconf
man named-checkzone

Apart from rndc instead of ndc covered in the ARM, any good BIND
8 tutorial will probably get you started, but ignore the
"chroot" stuff as 9 does it in a simpler fashion.