Update: Can't compile BIND 8.3.1 under Solaris 8

John Heiden jheiden2 at pop3.utoledo.edu
Tue Mar 12 20:59:14 UTC 2002

Hi Kevin and the list,

How can I use the "right" assembler with this then?  I'm at a loss of how I
would do this.  I have never ever (not even once) used assembler on a SUN
before.  I have done VAX assembler, Intel and Motorola assembler.
I have written a lot of C code under Solaris.  I am at a total loss as to what
I need to do to use "the right" assembler here.  Any ideas?  In fact, when
I last installed BIND, I didn't have this problem.  Actually, I had installed
it on a Tru64 server, and it was BIND 8.2.2 and 8.2.3, but still same ideas.

I hate to sound totally pathetic and lost here.  (Not that it's much of a stretch
I must say.)

Input sought...  thank you in advance for any kind help or ideas you might
have.

John