NETWORK ISSUES

Billy J. Mayberry webmaster at thecomputercorner.net
Thu Mar 14 16:54:30 UTC 2002

OK,

This may have been answered in the archives but after 3 days of searching I can't seem to search for the right thing.

I am a complete newbie at dns so bare with me.

I have a router (netgear f314) and it holds my ip and dns and is setup as dhcp server then behind it i have 1 linux box and 8 windows machines.

On the linux box RH7.0 with bind working well i have apache and a few domains working great on it right now.

Here is my question:

On the 8 windows machines i have them setup for dhcp and ie5.5 autodetect.

When the windows machines request 'yahoo.com' they work great (windows request >> router >> isp dns numbers >> yahoo.com is found)

When the windows machines request domain.com which resides on my linux box it never gets there?

That is my question how do i get the windows machines to either look on the linux box first then forward to the router or have the windows machines do what ever they do right now then come back in through the router to the linux box.

Also outside like for you or me just not inside my network everything works perfect...

Thanks in advance for any resolution at all.
Thanks,

Billy J. Mayberry
Owner/Partner/Webmaster
The Computer Corner