Newbie seeking advice for tech support issue.

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Mar 15 20:44:54 UTC 2002

In article <a6tjkf$h7o at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Wes Groleau  <wesgroleau at despammed.com> wrote:
>I don't know much about DNS and BIND.  In fact,
>I don't even have the jargon to understand some
>of the stuff in the c.p.d.b FAQ.  Perhaps some
>kind expert would be willing to tell me what's wrong
>with what I want to do, and what would be better,
>as well as a little about how to do it (some names
>changed or hidden for security by obscurity):

It sounds like you're trying to implement a dynamic DNS service.  Why don't
you just make use of one of the existing services, like dyndns.org?

The other stuff about opening firewall ports and starting a server (for
something like Timbuktu, I suppose, so you can help your parent) is OT for
the BIND group.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA