Free, secure alternative to bind?

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Mar 20 19:50:50 UTC 2002

In article <a79l4g$ch4 at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Thomas Seyrat  <thomas at glou.net> wrote:
>  Are you serious when you write that Nominum does _not_ use BIND for
>  GNS ? I would find that situation most annonying from the very BIND
>  authors :-)

But they're also probably the authors of this other implementation.  Is
there some rule that says one company can't author similar applications
that address different market niches?

BTW, I remember an interesting set of quotes from years ago.  Seymour Cray
said that his company used Apple Macintosh computers to design the Cray
supercomputers, and Steve Jobs said that Apple used Cray computers to
design Macintosh PC's.  It's only appropriate to "eat your own dogfood" if
it fulfills your dietary needs.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA