W2k Service problem starting ISC Bind

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Wed Mar 20 23:33:19 UTC 2002

At 09:48 AM 3/20/02, sam wrote:
>I have installed Bind 9.2 in a W2K and is setup to be started automatic when
>the server reboots.
>So far I haven't seen one time the Bind been started automatic.
>When I start manualy by clicking the start, often I see the Bind started but
>the start buton still highlighted and stop is grayed., instead of the
>otheway around. Also I cannt stop it to restart.

It's probably not running.  Go to the task manager and look for the named
process.  Is it there?  What's in the Application Event Log?  You can
get to this by running the Event Viewer and selecting Application and
then looking at the named events.

The chances are that it couldn't find named.conf or there are errors either
in the file.  The Event Log will tell you.  Did you create named.conf?

>Eventhough its not critical, I would like it reported and know any
>workaround?

It's critical if named is not running.  This is not a button issue.

         Danny