Bind 9.1.0-10 and GraniteCanyon as secondary DNS -> Quick Q.

Mark Damrose mdamrose at elgin.cc.il.us
Mon Mar 25 19:06:03 UTC 2002

"those who know me have no need of my name" <not-a-real-address at usa.net>
wrote in message news:a7nfvl$hnj at pub3.rc.vix.com...

> <a7jin7$1h3 at pub3.rc.vix.com> divulged:
>

> >The most obvious solution is that GC did not include my domain in the
> >update,
>
> that's the most likely reason.  the most obvious solution is to fix things
> at gc, perhaps by deleting and re-creating your zones there.

When you sent back the terms of service E-mail, did you get a response that
it had been loaded on the nameserver and would be included in the next
server reload?  If you didn't get that within about 15 minutes it either
means that your mailer broke the PGP block by sending back in MIME format or
you have a dot in your username and GC can't re-create your e-mail correctly
from the DNS format.  The first is fatal, the second is not.

If you did get that e-mail, you may just need to wait.  GC runs over 100000
zones and has not tuned zone transfers.  It can take 3 days after you are in
queue for their server to get around to it.  Watch your logs, check with
dig, have some patience.