refresh: failure, after setting up new bind bind-9.2.0 server

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 27 00:14:49 UTC 2002

"Brett A. Hansen" wrote:

> If you tested by connecting to our bind server, I reverted until I get the
> problem resolved.  Was there a different way you obtained this information?

I just queried the server for version.bind.

So this problem arises when you upgrade from 9.1.3 to 9.2.0?

Why to you log CNAME errors to null? Could hide a clue.

I can't perform zone transfers from your master server, although
you suggest everything is "open", and the named.conf doesn't
deny it. So I assume there is some restrictions still in place
that you haven't mentioned.