Glue Records for a Subdomain

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Wed Mar 27 16:29:50 UTC 2002

	A department on our campus is going to run its own dns
and serve a subdomain of ours.  I put two  NS  records in to our
configuration of the format

theirsub.domain   IN   NS   IP.number.their.dns
theirsub.domain   IN   NS   IP.number.their.dns2
xx.78.139.IN-ADDR.ARPA   IN   NS   IP.number.their.dns
xx.78.139.IN-ADDR.ARPA   IN   NS   IP.number.their.dns2

	That way, when somebody looks up
somehost.theirdomain.okstate.edu or its IP address, our master
dns will consult their dns.

	Have I missed anything?  The test we are going to run is
now waiting for the other department to turn on their DNS's.  I
just want to be sure we are ready when they do.

Martin McCormick