Searchlist problems...

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Wed May 1 14:51:25 UTC 2002

I'm slightly lost here.

Are you trying to say nslookup behaves slightly differently
between BIND 8 and BIND 9? If so I don't think anyone cares much
about nslookup any more.

Or do client applications actually behave differently? If so how
did you perform the upgrade, SUN patches or from ISC tar ball?

The DNS server version itself should not affect the query
behaviour of applications, it might just in some cases affect
the answers returned, which is why I wonder if this is just a
figment of the depreciated nslookup tool.