stub versus forward

Cricket Liu cricket at menandmice.com
Thu May 2 18:57:01 UTC 2002

> Can someone please tell me what is the difference. I know basically how
> they work. I just don't really know why one versus another.

If you mean the different between a stub zone and a forward
zone with the same domain name, the main difference is that
with a stub zone, your name server sends non-recursive
queries, while with a forward zone, it sends recursive queries.

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software, Training and Consulting
www.menandmice.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
http://www.menandmice.com/8000/8000_dns_training.html
for the schedule and to register for upcoming classes