authoritative records for MX records

Tan Chun Han/ITNOC/PBB/PBBG tanch at publicbank.com.my
Wed May 8 01:41:27 UTC 2002

I've checked with the owner of the domain, they said that their firewall
had blocked the additional data. i've also tested sending them emails
via a webmail account, which works.

Anyway i can tweak my Bind / Sendmail?

regards

Barry Margolin <barmar at genuity.net>@isc.org on 06/05/2002 11:03:56 PM

Sent by:  bind-users-bounce at isc.org

To:   comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org
cc:

Subject:  Re: authoritative records for MX records

In article <ab64a1$5msh$1 at isrv4.isc.org>,
Tan Chun Han/ITNOC/PBB/PBBG <tanch at publicbank.com.my> wrote:
>The thing is, the domain does not belong to us. Earlier today, i could
>still
>obtain the internet addr for the mx exchange intermittently. i believe
some
>config
>have been changed @ ns1.sesb.com.my.
>
>pardon me for my ignorance, i'm using bind 8.2.3. if i were to add an mx
>record
>on our internal dns server, will it work? and how?

If the domain doesn't belong to you, you shouldn't add any records in the
domain to your server.  You should notify the owner of the domain that they
have configured it incorrectly, and they should change the MX record to
point to mars.sesb.com.my instead of mail.sesb.com.my.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA
Please DON'T copy followups to me -- I'll assume it wasn't posted to the
group.