socket.c... internal_send Invalid argument

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Thu May 9 17:24:59 UTC 2002

JCM <symetrie at online.fr> wrote:

> phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu a écrit :
>>
>> JCM <symetrie at online.fr> wrote:
>> > I can't configure BIND on a Debian testing.
>> > I upgraded to BIND 9.2 but I always get this message when typing
>> > dig (anything) :
>> > socket.c:1098: internal_send: 192.168.0.1#53: Invalid argument
>>
>> Peter Håkanson :
>>
>> This sounds more like a networking problem. Are you shure yu have started
>> a nameserver ? How is your resolv.conf looking ?

> resolv.conf :

> 	search mylandomain.net
> 	nameserver 192.168.0.1

> tail /var/log/syslog

> 	... named[28870]: starting BIND 9.2
> 	...		  no IPv6 interfaces found
> 	...		  listening on IPv4 interface eth0, 192.168.0.1#53
> 	...		  binding TCP socket: address in use
> 	...		  could'nt add command channel 127.0.0.1#953: address not
> available
> 	...		  zone ... IN loaded serial 1
> 	...		  running

> I don't know the meaning of 'binding TCP socket: address in use' :-(

it means that some other application ( probably a nameserver) already
is using that socket.  You will have to kill all nameservers before
starting up bind.

Also that bind cannot add "command channel 127.0.0.1#953" is a problem,
it might go away if you kill all remnants, otherwize you have
a routing issue with your loopback interface.

--
Peter Håkanson