"Ghost" Host record - moving DNS to a new IP

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Fri May 10 10:38:16 UTC 2002

Torsten Mueller <torsten at archesoft.de> wrote:

> Hello,

> moving a nameserver seems to be a tricky task ...

> I operate the DNS server ns2.xtremeweb.de at 62.206.178.60

> I registered the hostname ns2.xtremeweb.de (NSD6860-HST) with Versign
> 10-Sep-2001 with the IP 62.132.78.180

I don't know why you ever bothered to involve verisign - that
seems to be an error.

Why don't you use one of the good registries in germany

BTW your current set of ns for xtremeweb.de is :
xtremeweb.de.           86400   IN      NS      ns2.xtremeweb.de.
xtremeweb.de.           86400   IN      NS      ns1.granitecanyon.com.
xtremeweb.de.           86400   IN      NS      ns1.xtremeweb.de.

however ns1.granitecanyon.com. is not refreshing itself correctly,
it might be left trying to refresh from your old master.

--
Peter Håkanson