Fw: How do I Hosting my own domain?

yamaska.mail yamaska.mail at planet.nl
Sun May 12 18:42:15 UTC 2002

> Hi!
>
> Could someone please point me in the right direction.
>
> I have setup IIS on my Windows 2000 server and configured a default page.
> can get to the default page from my intranet without a problem. I can also
> get to the default page from the internet if I type in the static IP
address
> that my ISP has allocated.
>
> I currently own a domain name, and would like to type in my domain name on
> the internet and arrive at my default page. (Basically, I want to have a
go
> hosting my own domain)
>
> Someone told me I have to setup "Nameserver delegation", so I looked at
the
> AUNIC (Australian NIC,
> http://www.melbourneit.com.au/maintenance/comau/nameserver/) site and it
is
> asking me for a primary & secondary hostname and IP address.
>
> What values do I type in there? I tried the obvious (my static IP) for the
> primary, but it insists on a secondary?
>
> Am I on the right track, could someone outline what I have to do.
> Thanking you in advance.
>
> c2gaustralia at hotmail.com
> Thanks

You can take a look at www.zoneedit.com They do DNS services for free for at
least up to 5 zones. Since you only have one zone their service should fix
you up just fine. THey'll give you 2 DNS server names and the corresponding
IP addresses. These IP addresses is what you need to pass to internic.com At
the zoneedit site you can then login and fix al the settings for your site,
like cnames, mx records, aliasses etc...

Greetings

Pete