setting up bind 8.2.3

Andrew R Reid andrew at cpplating.com.au
Tue May 14 00:45:54 UTC 2002

Thank you Barry for you response.  Following is the db.cpplating.com.au
file.  When I was running Red Hat Linux, the messages would be displayed
in the system log if anything was wrong.  The Debian distro I am now
running doesn't seem to say anything on on named start stop or cache
clearing.  I tried to find another file in /var/log/ that might have named
messages in it but to no avail.  I might try to find out if I can make the
logging more verbose.

;
; BIND data file for local network interface
; /etc/bind/db.cpplating.com.au
;
@	IN	SOA	cpplating.com.au. root.cpplating.com.au. (
		       20010510		; Serial
			 604800		; Refresh
			  86400		; Retry
			2419200		; Expire
			 604800 )	; Negative Cache TTL
;
;	Name Servers
;
	IN	NS	cpserver.cpplating.com.au.
;
;	MX Records
;
	IN	MX	mail.cpplating.com.au.
;
;	Canonical Names
;
cpserver.cpplating.com.au.	IN	A	192.168.1.1
gold.cpplating.com.au.		IN	A	192.168.1.2
chrome.cpplating.com.au.	IN	A	192.168.1.4
nickle.cpplating.com.au.	IN	A	192.168.1.5
copper.cpplating.com.au.	IN	A	192.168.1.6
titanium.cpplating.com.au	IN	A	192.168.1.10

Andrew Reid			C.P.Plating
Technical Sales Manager		P O Box 1335	   --------- /---    /---\
C. P. Plating Pty Ltd		222a Macathur Ave   ------- /       /    /
Mob:    +61 4 1474 9943		EAGLE FARM 4009      ----- /       /----/
Direct: +61 7 3260 3260		AUSTRALIA	      --- /       /
e-mail: andrew at cpplating.com.au	Phn: +61 7 3268 3044   - |---- o /   o
				Fax: +61 7 3268 3433