UNIX v Win2k

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Wed May 15 17:01:08 UTC 2002

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 05:09:16PM +0100, Sam Pointer wrote:
> I wonder (I'm sure some people on this list ) how many Windows
> sysadmins would take kindly to configuring BIND. Would they
> appreciate the need to set the permissions correctly on the various
> BIND files? Would they have the patcience to sit down and "hand-roll"
> a BIND config text file? Would they dismiss BIND out of hand as it
> seems "too complicated and antiquated" to set up and ditch it in
> favour of some GUI-fied Microsoft offering?

Fair point.  I've occasionally thought of BIND config and zone files as
some sort of linker and assembly language texts, and mused on ways it
could be made more comprehensible to the "tag, you're it today" type of
system administrator common not only in the military but even today in
many companies.

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B