auotmatic updates

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Fri May 17 21:45:56 UTC 2002

> I was running BIND 8.2 on Solaris.  I recently changed the machine (still Sol
> aris) and upgraded to BIND 9.1.2.
>
> Before I was getting "denied update" in the security logs.
> Now I am getting "unapproved update" in the security logs.

	Well you are *not* running BIND 9.1.2.

	"unapproved update" is BIND 4 and BIND 8 < 8.2.3 ****
	"denied update" is BIND 8 >= 8.2.3
	"update denied" is BIND 9

	Did you {re}-install a Solaris patch?
	/usr/local/sbin/named is the default install location for named
	in BIND 9.

	*** BIND 4 and BIND 8 < 8.2.3 contain well known security flaws
	and you should not run unpatched versions.  See
	http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/bind-security.html

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org