No Glue, No A record - www broken. Pls help

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Thu May 23 19:40:58 UTC 2002

sam <s4msure at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, the domain name is "alldomainregister.com"
> The primary nameserver is ns1.alldomainregister.com
> The seconday nameservers are ns1/ns2.secondary.com
> mx is the mail host name.

> Now we have confirmed both mail and www are broken.

There is a mx record : (OK)
> dig alldomainregister.com mx

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> alldomainregister.com mx
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 3, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      alldomainregister.com, type = MX, class = IN

;; ANSWER SECTION:
alldomainregister.com.  1D IN MX        10 mx.alldomainregister.com.

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
alldomainregister.com.  1D IN NS        ns1.secondary.com.
alldomainregister.com.  1D IN NS        ns1.alldomainregister.com.
alldomainregister.com.  1D IN NS        ns2.secondary.com.

but there is no A record for "mx.alldomainregister.com.", neither
for "www.alldomainregister.com."

Add them and you will be ok.

--
Peter Håkanson