DNS Authority Question

Eivind Olsen eivind.olsen at ttyl.com
Fri May 31 21:21:01 UTC 2002

--On 31. mai 2002 11:51 -0700 Joshua Kuo <joshkuo at hotmail.com> wrote:
> after i've done all that, did a ndc reload, and tried to do a dig on this
> machine, i was surprised to find that the MX record was NOT updated.
> below is the result of my dig (modified, of course):

Did you remember to update the serial in the SOA record?

> [me at home me]$ dig beavis.com mx

You can use
dig @master-dns.my.isp beavis.com mx
to make sure that you're asking the master DNS server you just updated.
Depending on what the master/slaves are running and how they are
configured, the changes might take a while to propagate to the slave
servers.

--
Talk To You Later
Eivind Olsen