Doesn't listen on LAN 192.168.

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 1 04:31:00 UTC 2002

David Gillespey wrote:

> BIND9.2.2rc1 doesn't listening on IPv4 interface TCP/IP Interface 2,
> 192.168.0.155#53 when computer is restarted, only listens on 127.0.0.1,
> until bind is manually restarted then works fine serving the LAN. No errors
> in event viewer.

If it were Unix/Linux I'd say schedule the starting of BIND
further down the list of services to start. Normally on starting
it binds to all available IPv4 interfaces, so my first guess is
it is starting before the interface is available.

Depending on permissions the *nix versions also rescan and
rebind to all interfaces at regular interfaces (1 hour by
default), you could shrink this interval (interface-interval) if
it works on NT, but it is a bit of a "hack".