W2K DNS Errors

Bryan bind at nvethis.d2g.com
Tue Nov 5 11:28:38 UTC 2002

Hi,

I thought that I enabled Dynamic DNS updates in my BIND configuration.
Here is the named.conf file:

options {

        directory "/var/named";

        allow-query {

                any;

        };

        recursion yes;

};

zone "." {

        type hint;

        file "root.zone";

};

zone "1.168.192.in-addr.arpa" {

        type master;

        file "1.168.192.zone";

        allow-update{};

};

zone "nvethis.d2g.com" {

        type master;

        file "nvethis.d2g.com.zone";

        allow-update{};

};

But I get this error on my W2K server:

The system failed to register network adapter with settings:

   Adapter Name : {8C4E130F-6703-4E39-B548-EC1EA8107F17}

   Host Name : sandbox

   Adapter-specific Domain Suffix : nvethis.d2g.com

   DNS server list :

     192.168.1.101

   Sent update to server : 192.168.1.101

   IP Address(es) :

     192.168.1.110

 The reason it could not register was because the DNS server refused the
dynamic update request. This could happen for the following reasons: (a)
current DNS update policies do not allow this computer to update the DNS
domain name configured for this adapter, or (b) the authoritative DNS
server for this DNS domain name does not support the DNS dynamic update
protocol.

 To register a DNS host (A) resource record using the specific DNS
domain name for this adapter, contact your DNS server or network systems
administrator.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?  I thought that was all I
needed to do in the named.conf file.  Thanks.

-Bryan