DNS setup for web hosting

José Enrique Díaz Jolly enrique at podernet.com.mx
Wed Nov 6 19:40:26 UTC 2002

There shouldn't have any problem, you can map as many domains to your web
server
and make it work without any troubles. What you should do for this to work is
understand apache's configuration

Particular care should be setting the NameVirtualHost directive
and the use of your VirtualHost entries:

Lets say that you have a general domain zone file:

#General Zone
@       SOA     whatevergoeshere
        NS      YourNS.
        MX      10 yourmailexchanger.
        A       YourIPAddress
www     A       YourIPAddress

and in named.conf you load

zone "domain1.com" {
        type master;
        file "GeneralZone";
};

zone "domain2.com" {
        type master;
        file "GeneralZone";
};

and so on

Then your apache configuration should make

NameVirtualHost YourIPAddress

<VirtualHost www.domain1.com>
ServerName www.domain1.com
ServerAlias www.domain1.com domain1.com